Effective date: May 23, 2018
Please note: Depending on the nature of our relationship with you (e.g., you are a client, investor, potential investor, business partner or business contact), we may collect and use information that we receive directly from you or from sources other than through the website — to review how we collect and use this information, click here.
Information we collect about you through the website.
- Information you provide to us.
We collect information that you volunteer to us through our website forms, such as name and email address.
Cookies are used to store information on your computer and are a way to have your web browser “remember” specific bits of information about your previous visits to our website. They are designed to help you have a better user experience within our website, and we use the information to improve our site content and site functionality.
We use two types of cookies, “session” and “persistent”. Session cookies are temporary and expire when you leave our website or are inactive for a specified length of time. Session cookies allow the website to recognize you as you navigate between pages during a single browser session and allow you to use the website most efficiently. Persistent cookies store your preferences for a website, are stored on your computer, and are read by your browser each time you visit the website. They therefore enable the website to “recognize” you on your return, remember your preferences, and tailor services to you.
During some visits to our website we may collect session information, including page response times, download errors, what time you visited our website, how long you were on our website, if you’ve been to the website before, what web pages you visited, page interaction such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse overs, what type of browser you used to access our website and methods to browse away from the page. This information helps us identify ways to modify and improve our website.
Principal Real Estate considers the information collected through our website valuable. At this time, Principal Real Estate does not respond to do-not-track signals or similar technologies sent by a browser setting. However, visitors will continue to have the ability to control cookie settings for Principal Real Estate’s website. The information we receive from your web browser and device may or may not be personally identifiable.
The information we collect may depend on your web browser settings. Most browsers (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Internet Explorer, etc.) automatically accept cookies, but you can usually alter the setting of your browser to prevent that; however, doing so may limit your access to certain sections of our website.
If you do not wish to receive cookies, please refer to the help section of your browser to learn how to either block all cookies or receive a warning before a cookie is stored on your computer. In addition to altering the cookie settings on your browser, you can also install the Google Analytics Opt-out Add-on, which prevents Google Analytics from collecting information about your website visits.
Use of information collected through the website.
We use your information when you consent or when it is necessary for our legitimate interests, and your interests and your fundamental rights do not override those interests.
The information that we collect may be used by us in the following ways:
- To provide you information and services that you request, such as our newsletter;
- To provide you marketing materials and other information about us or about services that may be of interest to you;
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- To administer the website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, system and security updates, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To improve the website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer; and
- As part of our efforts to keep the website safe and secure.
We will only use your personal information for the uses and purposes set out above, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original uses and purposes. If we need to use your personal information for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Disclosure of information collected through the website.
We may share the information we collect with the following categories of recipient:
- Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006;
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the website;
- Third party support services, such as website developers and data hosting centers; and
- Regulators, law enforcement authorities, or as otherwise required to comply with a legal obligation.
How we protect and retain your information.
We understand the importance of appropriately safeguarding information we collect. It is our practice to protect the confidentiality of this information, limit access to this information to those with a business need, and not disclose this information unless required or permitted by law.
We have security practices and procedures in place to protect data entrusted to us. These procedures and related standards include limiting access to data and regularly testing and auditing our security practices and technologies.
All employees are required to complete privacy, security, ethics and compliance training. We also offer a wide variety of other training to all employees and temporary workers to help us achieve our goal of protecting your information.
We retain your information for as long as your information is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected. To determine the appropriate retention period for the information we collect from you, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of the data, the purposes for which we process the data, whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Our website is not directed toward children. We do not knowingly collect, use or post personal information from children under the age of 13. If we determine upon collection that a user is under this age, we will not use or maintain his or her personal information without parent or guardian consent. If we become aware that we have unknowingly collected personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will make reasonable efforts to delete such information from our records.
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under EU data protection laws in relation to your personal information:
- The right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal information;
- The right of access to your information;
- The right to request that inaccurate or incomplete information about you is rectified;
- The right to request the deletion or removal of your information where there is no further reason for us to use it;
- The right to restrict the use of your information;
- The right to obtain and reuse the information that we have about you for your own purposes;
- The right to object to certain uses (such as for marketing purposes); and
- The right not to be subject to a decision that has a legal effect on you that has been based on an automated decision.
You have the right to make a complaint to the relevant data protection supervisory authority in the EU member state in which you reside. We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach your supervisory authority. Our contact information is listed below.